Foundation Routine | Fresh Faced Glow

8


I really haven't done much in the way of beauty related posts for quite a while now. My last truly makeup based post was all the way back in September. I think that's because, partly due to budget and partly simply due to the fact that people change, I haven't been hugely focused on buying and trying new beauty products recently. I've lost interest in drooling over the latest MAC collection or browsing beauty counters for hours on end. What that does mean though is that now my once overflowing collection of products has been condensed hugely, leaving me with just the things I really like, and that work for my skin.

In terms of skin perfecting, some people can get away with a dab of concealer under each eye and away they go, unfortunately I can't. Although I rarely get spots my skin is very uneven in colour and dryness, particularly in the colder months, means it can look dull and a bit pasty. Luckily I've discovered a few products that sort me out a treat.

After cleansing and moisturising I pat on a touch of La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo (Nice simple name...) It's a nice little product that works well to prime and smooth my skin before foundation and, over time, has helped to even out my skin tone. It's not bargain bin price by any means but it has become a staple in my daily skin routine so for me it was worth the money spent.

Foundation wise, despite the high end Estee Lauder, Illamasqua and MAC purchases I've made over the years I always find myself coming back to the wonderfully affordable Bourjois. This is their most recently released foundation: The Happy Light Foundation in shade 50. (again, who is coming up with these names?) This promises a light-medium coverage giving a luminous flawless complexion and, in my opinion, it delivers. It covers imperfections without giving me a 'masked' look. Applied with my new baby, the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, which buffs the product into the skin beautifully, my skin really does look naturally flawless. In fact a friend of mine complimented my skin and said that she wished she could go without makeup! Unfortunately I had to correct her but that's about as big a compliment as a foundation can have! as usual Bourjois' main flaw is that their shade selection stinks after you get past medium skin tones but if you're passing and want to try them do have a look and see if anything they offer will match you.

I do dot a touch of MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC15 under my eyes and on a few persistent scars on my jawline and buff in with the same brush but, in my usual 'Blogging Goddess' form, I forgot to include that in my photo. Good one. But after that the overall effect is that of flawless skin with a subtle glow that I just love, particularly this time of year when everyone seems to be caked in matte, flat foundation.

So that's just a few products I would recommend. I've been sticking with this routine more or less exclusively for the past few months and I have no intention of straying any time soon. Let me know your current favourite face products if you have any, or if you'll give any of these a try.

Thankyou for reading, hope you enjoyed.


>> On Repeat . Instant Crush - Daft Punk <<


8 comments

  1. Was great to read, really want to try that foundation :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this foundation but I agree with you that the shade range could be better xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of that brush! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fabulous & i so very nearly purchased some la-roche posay products and didn't and now im regretting it! xxxx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give them a try, I really think this was worth the money! x

      Delete

Thankyou for your comments! I love reading your thoughts :)

Instagram

© Folded Paper Foxes. Design by MangoBlogs.