SS13 Trend: Ankle Booties

14


I wanted to share with you guys my current favourite footwear. Ankle booties! I know we've all been wearing them now for a few years but I've lived in the safe zone of Chelsea boots and the standard black/brown/tan ankle boots. Now I'm beginning to explore the world of ankle boots and making them an interesting part of an outfit rather than just a throw-on-when-i-cant-be-bothered choice.

 The black pair are from daisystreet.co.uk and are vaguely reminiscent of the Topshop Alvin boots that everyone went crazy for a while back.They're like kick-ass gothic-cowgirl boots! I actually call these my 'The Walking Dead' boots because I feel like if I were in that show, killing zombies in the deep south cowboy territory that is Georgia this is what I'd have on my feet. (anyone else watch it? How great was the Season 3 finale!??)

 The pink pair are another slightly western inspired pair (I promise I'm not turning into a very stylish John Wayne I do have other pairs... these are just my favourites...)  I bought these from New Look a while back and can't find them on the site anymore but they may well still be knocking about in stores. These look adorable with denim skirts and slouchy Tshirts and sweaters and fall into my favourite summer colour palette: The pastels!

  I like wearing both of these pairs with cute girly ankle socks. My faves are these and these both from Topshop, I feel like it makes the ankle boot very modern. I love the contrast between cutesy ankle socks and the rock-n-roll, tomboy feel of the black pair, they also stop the pink pair from being too 'sexy cowgirl costume'.

Let me know what you think! What shoes are you wearing now that summer's around the corner? 



14 comments

  1. I love the pink ones they are absolutely gorgeous!

    Beauty Fiends Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black ones, I now exactly what you mean they look very walking dead appropriate :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picks! The pink ones are gorgeous *__* I'd love a new pair of ankle boots since my old ones have completely had it :(

    Sapphire
    http://littleowldiary.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I've worn loads of my old ones out but its just an excuse to get more ;)

      Delete
  4. The black boots are gorgeous! This makes me realise I need to expand my range of boots too and step away from the safezone of styles a little more! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them! Hope you find some good stuff yourself :) xx

      Delete
  5. really nice shoes! love those studded boots <3
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome !!
    would you like to follow each other?
    http://inyasuniverse.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice pink booties with the snakeskin texture!
    would you like to follow each other on bloglovin'?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ankle boots are my all time favorites! I like these black studded ones because I have similar ones! Love you blog so much dear xx

    fashionvitae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love those black studded ones! ankle boots are my weakness, i can't stop buying them.

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win asos, topshop or space nk vouchers + a goodie bag! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the pink ones! would be great for summer!

    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments! I love reading your thoughts :)

Instagram

© Folded Paper Foxes. Design by MangoBlogs.