The Autumn Tag

18




Autumn is here! Although it's still surprisingly warm... *suspicious* and I though it would be fun to try out the Autumn Tag that I've seen floating around. It was created by Georgina of Makeup Pixi3 and I first came across it on Water Painted Dreams, by the lovely Hayley, she said that anyone who fancied doing it could consider themselves tagged so I'm not cheating, hopefully you enjoy this and although I'm not going to tag anyone in particular, definitely have a go if you want to. 

01. Favourite Thing About it: My birthday! (30.09) Always fun but there's a lot of other things, jumping in leaves, Halloween, back to school stationary shopping, and getting to wear chunky cardis and hiding unshaved legs under tights for a few months. 

02. Favourite Drink: I really don't do hot drinks (I know, shocking) but I would maybe go for a hot chocolate. Other than that I love a good iced mocha or caramel frappucino from Starbucks or anywhere similar. I love walking around the high street and having people look at me like I'm crazy drinking an iced drink while wearing gloves and a scarf!

03. Favourite Scent/Candle: At the moment I've got a Salted Caramel yankee candle waiting to be burned. I think it's a bit sickly at the moment but of a really chilly evening I think it'll be lovely and warm and yummy.

04. Best Lipstick: Berry tones ftw, I like Topshop's Wicked which I feature in a post here. It's a vampy lip, but very sheer and wearable for wimps like me but can be built up or blotted into a stain. Perfection! 

05. Go-to Moisturiser: My poor dry cheeks need some serious loving in the winter so I've been enjoying the Miracle Mattifier from Good Things, which really hydrates without any greasiness or clogging during the day and then soothing my skin with Aloe Vera Gel during the night. 

06. Go-to Colour for the Eyes: I don't wear a lot of eyeshadow any more, but I don't think you can beat a good metallic bronze during the Autumn, either dusted on lids by itself with a flick of mascara or deepened up with browns in the crease for some serious glamour. 

07. Favourite Music or Band/Singer to Listen to: Oh gawd, I have such sporadic music taste, my spotify reads like that of someone with MPD, but in the Autumn I definitely lean towards rock/indie music a lot. A few of my faves in those genres are R.E.M, Seether, Nirvana, The Killers, Kiss, Misfits and Stone Sour. To name but a minute proportion of my favourites...

08. Favourite Outfit to Wear: I love cracking out the dresses layered with snuggly chunky cardigans, tights and ankle boots. Throw hair into a half-arsed bun and I'm ready to take on the world. 

09. Autumn Treat: I always buy more ankle boots than is strictly necessary in the winter. I also tend to stock up on books and lots of LUSH Christmas bath treats as well. 

10. Favourite Place to be: The park about 2 minutes walk from my house is always so beautiful in Autumn, the ground is littered with crunchy leaves in beautiful colours and it's an opportunity to feed some very grateful ducks. I also love cafes in Autumn, coming in from the cold having done a bit of shopping with friends, and just sitting having a catch up. But nothing beats being curled up at home, in front of the fireplace, wrapped in blankets with cat sitting wherever she can fit her butt, with my laptop and a good book. Bliss!

Let me know your own favourite things about Autumn, until next time!

18 comments

  1. I'm excited for Lush Christmas too! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm so glad you done this tag :) I like cold drinks in the winter too! I also really want a salted caramel yankee candle but I too think it might be a bit sickly, ahh dilemma.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I think I'm only going to light it for a little while, and then blow it out so that the smell is quite faint. x

      Delete
  3. I love yankee candles and I used to always buy iced drinks in winter too! It's only in the last year I've started drinking coffee! And berry tones are perfect for autumn! Cute post and happy belated birthday :)
    Keep in touch!
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post :-) I like watching TV with candles lit everywhere, scented ones! Cuddling up with the hubby and two cats. Having nice supper and going for a night time beach walk wrapping up warm! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Salted Caramel candle sounds amazing! x

    underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you think the candle might be abit sickly, topshop at the moment have a salted caramel lip balm, it smells ridiculously sickly but it's actually so nice!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds lovely, thanks for the tip, I shall have a look :) x

      Delete
  7. How can you not drink hot drinks!? What about tea! :( And from the comment about I really want to try that lip balm now... it just sounds like it smells good haha.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it very occasionally, but it's just not part of my routine (I know some people couldn't be without it though) me too! x

      Delete
  8. Once fall arrives, I find myself stopping at LUSH far too many times as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That candle sounds like it smells amazing <3 I can't get enough of salted caramel stuff at the moment. Autumn really is the perfect time for bronze eyeshadows too :)
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything about autumn is dreamy :) Being wrapped up snuggly warm, eating lovely meals, jumping through puddles in your wellies, Halloween and bonfire night :) Your post makes me super excited! Ha!

    Gemma
    fadedwindmills.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there, loved your blog, just followed you on GFC (906), would you mind to follow back?

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments! I love reading your thoughts :)

Instagram

© Folded Paper Foxes. Design by MangoBlogs.