Red Velvet Cuppycakes

19



I made yumminess! I'd had red velvet cake before and absolutely loved it so I thought I'd try my hand at making my own! I used this recipe, it's supposed to be for a full sized cake but the recipe works fine separated into muffin cases and cooked for the same amount of time. I got twelve pretty big cupcakes!
They're really tasty, the sponge is light and full of flavour and the frosting is rich and creamy. I added some Sainsbury's bought sprinkles. (I can get my head round a cake but making my own sprinkles is a bit much.)
They can last about a week kept in a cool dry place, but honestly with me and my family they didn't last past three days!
Let me know if you try this! Also if you have any favourite cake recipes I'd love to know! 



19 comments

  1. thanks for the recipe I might have to try these out.
    You should try making Malteaser cake, it's the nicest thing ever!
    x

    http://amymika.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely do!
      Ooh sounds nice, I'll have a look thankyou! :) x

      Delete
  2. I've never tried Red Velvet cake, these look so yummy!! Will have to try this recipe soon!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy cupcakes *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit m y blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou :) I'll definitely check yours out x

      Delete
  4. These cupcakes look DIVINE! Perfect, fluffy clouds of velvety cake! Cream cheese frosting is my absolute faaaaaavorite and I usually request it on a butter chocolate cake for my birthday.

    I've been daydreaming of summer lately, so visions of Pineapple Coconut cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (like these: http://www.myfeelingstastelikecupcakes.com/2012/08/aloha-pineapple-coconut-cupcakes.html or these: http://catesworldkitchen.com/2010/01/pineapple-coconut-cupcakes/) have been dancing through my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm me too. Honestly I can put away cream cheese frosting with a spoon!
      Thanks so much for the links! I've never tried Pineapple coconut cake so I'll make sure to have a look :) x

      Delete
  5. Red Velvet cupcakes are my favourite, so I'll definitely be trying these out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy x

    mac lipstick giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, they look sooo delicious. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing! I really want to try them :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww thankyou so much! I'll check out your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look so delicious!! We’re now following you via gfc :)

    Hope you visit us and follow back if you like!
    Style by Three Blog
    Facebook
    Win an amazing bag

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments! I love reading your thoughts :)

Instagram

© Folded Paper Foxes. Design by MangoBlogs.