#AuthorAThon 2016 TBR

0



Earlier today I saw that the amazing Bee from Vivatramp posted her TBR for the authorathon, and being the easily influenced little person that I am, decided to join the fun. The AuthorAThon runs from the 18th to the 23rd of April, midnight to midnight, and was created by Sam and Joana. I haven't tried a readathon in quite some time, and have quite a bit of time off this week so I thought, what better way to work through a little of my TBR? There are six categories, the goal is to pick a book to match each and to see how far you can get through them.  As I started yesterday, and there are some pretty chunky books on the cards I'm going to cheat a little and allow myself until the 26th to tackle my little pile. That's still a butt tonne of pages to get through in under a week, so I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't manage to finish everything. I'm just going to dig in and do my best and see what I can accomplish.

01. Read a Book by One of your Favourite Authors - About Grace by Anthony Doerr. 
 I've only read All the Light We Cannot See by Doerr, but it stole my heart completely earlier this year. I've been looking to read his debut novel About Grace from the moment I closed ATLWCS and I thought now would be the perfect opportunity to get on it.

02. Read a New-To You- Author - Nod by Adrian Barnes
This is a book of a slightly more optimistic length. An author I hadn't heard of before I picked this book up, intrigued by the cover, and utterly drawn by the description on the back. I've been so excited to read this book but have just been distracted by other reads, the length makes it perfect for a readathon however, so time to get on it!

03. Give an Author a Second Chance - Ship of Magic by Robin Hobb

Yes I know, I know, this is a long ass book. But I'm already just over half way through and am absolutely loving it. I started to read the Assassin's Apprentice, the first of Robin Hobb's books but for whatever reason it just didn't happen. Luke is a huge Robin Hobb fan and when I explained that I hadn't quite clicked with her, he suggested I try the Liveship Traders trilogy instead. I started reading it maybe a week ago and am absolutely loving it so far.

04. Read a Debut Author - The Girls by Emma Cline
I was kindly sent this proof for review, the Girls will be released in June and has been creating quite a stir in the book community. I know very little about it, but what I do know involves a young girl being drawn into a cult in the intoxicating 1969 Californian summer. How can I pass that up?

05. Read a Book Written by More than One Author - Saga Volume 1 by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Stapler 
I read this one yesterday and already have a review up. Saga is one of those graphic novels everyone's either read or is meaning to read. If you need to know whether I enjoyed it, I bought the second volume earlier today.

06. Read a Book by an Author from A Different Continent from You - The Thing Around Your Neck by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
(That'd be Africa by the way) I feel like a short story collection is a good form for a readathon. Little glimpses of story like penny sweets in a bag to just be enjoyed one at a time. And Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie can always been relied on for powerful, engaging storytelling.


So that's my little stack for the Authorathon. As I said I'm not really aiming to finish all of them, but I'd like to push myself to get through as big a page count as I can. Here's hoping!

Let me know if you're doing the readathon and definitely link my to your TBR if you've posted about it.

Thank you for reading!

Isabelle
xox 

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comments! I love reading your thoughts :)

Instagram

© Folded Paper Foxes. Design by MangoBlogs.