Blogger Book Swap With Toni

13


  At the beginning of February my friend, the lovely Beth, owner of Beth Tinkerbell organised a blogger book swap in which we were each paired up with another blogger, exchanged a few emails about our favourite types of books and went on the hunt with a £10 budget for some books to send to our swap partner. I was paired with Toni over at The Left of Perfect.
  Yesterday I received Toni's half of the swap and thought I'd show you what she chose for me. I did have to chase the postman down the street with my jeans on back to front to get them as when he rang the doorbell I was still snuggled up in bed in my pyjamas... it wasn't noon yet it was fine.

The three titles Toni sent me are perfect. I love things that are dark and a little twisted and I love a good fantasy series to sink my teeth into so I can't wait to curl up with these reads

The Gunslinger - Stephen King The first in a long running fantasy series that Toni tells me has a similarity to Game of Thrones (which we both love.) I love Stephen King's horror books but have never tried out his fantasy stuff so I'm looking forward to enjoying this and hopefully finding a new series to start obsessively devouring.

The Shining Girls - Lauren Beukes Toni loves crime fiction and said that she ordered a copy of this for me and one for herself too! It looks like a gripping thriller in a similar vein to Gillian Flynn and John Grisham, both authors that come very highly recommended so I'm hoping to be both impressed and slightly creeped out by it.

Wool - Hugh Howey Another in the seemingly endless flow of dystopian fiction. I usually get bored of book 'trends' really quickly but this one looks different from anything I've read yet. From what I gather it tells the story of a community of people living in an underground silo protected from the uninhabitable outside world, but things are not as simple as they seem. I've already read a few chapters and am really enjoying it. My mouth dropped open at one point and we're only a few chapters in! 

Really excited to get through these now I've got a bit of time over Easter so a big thank you to Toni for some fab additions to my bookshelves! Look out for reviews once I've read these and I'll let you know how I get on with them.

Thankyou for reading!
>> On Repeat . Dreams - Wet <<


13 comments

  1. My mum is currently reading Wool and she was telling me about the plot yesterday, I definitely want to read it now!

    Love Beth | BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it so far! Though it is a little long winded in parts but the story is very compelling. x

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic thing to be a part of! Brilliant way of introducing new authors to fellow book worms and discovering new reads for yourself! Genius!! Great way to meet like minded folk too.

    I hope you enjoy the books! What does your partner think of the literature you sent her way?

    Gemma x
    Faded Windmills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma :) I'd love to do another, I might even organise one myself in the future. I don't know if she'll talk about them on her blog but from Toni's last email it sounded like she was really pleased so I'm glad. x

      Delete
  3. Definitely need to get into reading again- I used to be such a book worm but have really let it slip in the last few years! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same, always had my nose in a book up until maybe five years ago and only really got back on the train maybe 18 months or so ago. Definitely give it a try, once I got back into the swing I started to really enjoy it again.

      Delete
  4. I would love to do something like this, it's such a great idea! Looking forward to hearing your reviews of these!

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie, Hopefully they'll start coming up by the end of this month :)

      Delete
  5. I would love to do a book swap, since doing literature at uni I have got really behind with reading for pleasure xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm considering hosting my own towards the summer months, so if you're still interested then you'd be more than welcome :) x

      Delete
  6. Yay! It's lovely to see the books you got :) I really think I need to read Wool, it has been recommended to me a couple of times and you've enticed me in a little more! x

    Beth Tinkerbell

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments! I love reading your thoughts :)

Instagram

© Folded Paper Foxes. Design by MangoBlogs.