SS14 Beauty Edit

8


Hello lovely people! Things are finally getting warm and sunny here in the UK and that means I get to start revamping my makeup and skincare for the summertime... something that makes me embarrassingly excited. Having had a browse through my collection and pulled out everything I've been gravitating towards recently and lain them out I've noticed a theme emerging, and that's brights.
 
   Summer always sees me going for bright colourful polishes, my favourite currently being recent purchase Barry M's Green Berry and old favourite Essie's Cute As A Button, glossy shades of turquoise and coral that look great on fingers and toes and complement any skin tone, tanned or not (usually not in my case).
 
    Lips have gone a similar route, I've been pairing a bare lid and plenty of mascara or a clean flick of liner with a lovely bright lip making a nice change from the nudes and tinted balms I've worn all winter. Revlon's Strawberry Shortcake is a glossy pink that's comfortable to wear and perfect for a flattering everyday look. I love the classic look of a red lip and Strawberry Suede by Revlon is a wonderful creamy matte red that's bright and, unlike a lot of reds, actually looks really cute with freckles (which usually invade my face in the summer) MAC's Flamingo is a bright, satin coral that can be lightly dabbed on for everyday or layered for a more glamorous lips that screams warm summer evenings.

  For cheeks I've been favoring a very effortless approach. Sculpting and mixing shades are things that belong to my AW winter routine. as the weather warms up I just want to dust a bit of a glow over my cheeks and get out in the warmth. I've mainly been reaching for either MAC's Pink Swoon, a bright pink flush that is perfect on the apples of the cheeks or this Soft Lights Blush by Smashbox, a gorgeous creamy powder that can be used in sections, or swirled together and dusted over the high points of the face for a glowing bronze sheen.

   So those are my picks for SS14. I'll definitely be doing a skincare section for this as well, as my skin changes dramatically season to season.

  Thankyou for reading, let me know what your summer staples are.

MAC Flamingo - Revlon Strawberry Shortcake - Revlon Strawberry Suede

Essie Cute As A Button - Barry M Green Berry

MAC Pink Swoon - Smashbox Soft Lights Powder

<< On Repeat . Undressed - Kim Cesarion >>

8 comments

  1. Great picks, been loving MAC and Revlon products too :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor, they're two of my favourite brands!

      Delete
  2. I reeeealy want to try one of the Barry M high shine gelly nail polishes. They sound great and I've heard so much hype about them! Also the shade range is just brilliant! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really great, especially for such a low price!

      Delete
  3. The smashbox powder looks gorgeous and I love all the lip colours I am really trying to change my make-up around for Spring xxxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, I always find myself wanting a revamp as the weather changes. x

      Delete
  4. Pink swoon looks so beautiful, I love those kinds of pinks that are super brightening <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I love the pink flush they give :)

      Delete

Thankyou for your comments! I love reading your thoughts :)

Instagram

© Folded Paper Foxes. Design by MangoBlogs.