Holiday Faves | Minimalist Beauty and Skincare

13


Hello!

Hope you're well, I wanted to share the products I took with me on holiday. Our family of four managed to squeeze all our clothes, shoes and big bottles of shampoo, and sunscreen into one little suitcase meaning that anything extra had to go in our hand luggage. These are the toiletries I took with me and I found that it suited my needs perfectly. It was just a little family holiday so makeup was minimal but the hot, muggy climate meant that my skin needed some loving that week or it would punish me horribly. So this is what I bought: 



Ren Rose Cleansing Gel: This face wash is lovely! I'd love to buy the full size... maybe when my student loan comes in heheh. It's a pretty normal cleansing gel but it works wonderfully, smells great and leaves my skin feeling super clean without that horrible tight feeling I can sometimes get.

Elemis Illuminating Flashbalm: This was my moisturiser for the week. As I was using separate spf I didn't want anything too thick and greasy added to my skin. It also worked as a bit of a primer while brightening my skin like a charm.

Dermatologica Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque: I know it's not standard practice to take a masque on holiday, but since I had this travel sized one I thought I might as well take it and see how it worked. I used it three times during the evenings and it was such a treat for my skin, leaving it brighter and nourished. 




Eyelash Curlers: Just a bog standard pair of lash curlers. When wearing minimal makeup I feel like long full lashes are a key part of still looking 'done up' so these were a must have. 

No7 Exceptional Dimension Mascara: I have a lot of travel sized mascaras but I plumped for this one. It's a lovely mascara that gives me longer, fuller lashes without looking like I'm wearing heavy mascara.

MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer: Just because makeup is minimal doesn't mean there's room for imperfections! This is my favourite summer concealer as it's light enough for under the eyes but can be built up to cover blemishes and doesn't slide off in the hot weather.

Lancome Hydra Zen Teinte: Translation - tinted moisturiser! I'd love the full sized version is this, it's very smooth and creamy, goes on like a dream and, combined with my concealer, covers everything I want it to. I only wore this in the evenings so I can't speak to it's staying power but I still really enjoyed using it. 





Thisworks Sleep Balm: My name is Bella and I am a terrible sleeper. Particularly in unfamiliar places but this little pot of calming lavender balm is great to rub on my temples and behind my ears to help me drift off a little easier. A must for those of us who are bad at sleeping in unusual beds.

Rose & Co Sweet Vanilla Salve: I practically grabbed this walking out the door having remembered that I hadn't packed any lip balm! It performed admirably though Burt's Bees will always have my heart. It did keep my lips soft and smelled absolutely amazing though! 

Marc Jacobs Daisy Rollerball Perfume: One of my favourite summer fragrances in a handy travel sized rollerball format! This light, sweet floral was perfect to swipe on for summer evenings and i'm considering buying more of my favourite perfumes in smaller sizes! 


Thankyou for reading! I hope you enjoyed, let me know your favourite travel products too!

13 comments

  1. Great post! I love Marc Jacobs Daisy, I think that's the next perfume I'm going to buy, it's just so lovely and fresh :)xo

    http://901lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely products, I really want to try the sleep balm! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have more perfumes in small travel sizes, the Marc Jacobs Daisy one looks so pretty! I've heard lots of good things about it - thank you for the post! ^___^

    Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wanted to try the This Works Sleep Balm for a while! Sounds lovely.. I always need a little extra helping hand relaxing!

    www.george-porge.blogspot.com

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG where did you get that roller-ball perfume?! :D xx

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of those online fragrance shops, I'm not sure which :) xx

      Delete
  6. I wish I could find a Daisy Rollerball, its my favourite scent! x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love Daisy by Marc Jacobs. Mine has just run out which makes me sad! xx

    Essie | The Li'l Sparrow

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments! I love reading your thoughts :)

Instagram

© Folded Paper Foxes. Design by MangoBlogs.