Health Kick | Frank Bars

10



You may have seen a post I did a few weeks back on Nakd Bars, I really enjoyed finding a yummy alternative to sugary, fattening treats! So I was delighted when the lovely people behind Frank Bars got in touch and asked if I would like to try out their products. Never one to turn down free food I said yes please!

Frank bars are 100% natural and free from gluten, nuts and dairy. Most healthy bars including Nakd bars contain nuts so this would be ideal for anyone who is allergic and can't have them! They are also vegan friendly, high in protein and pretty low in fat and they all clock up at around 120 calories which is really good! So full of goodness then, and at the moment a case of 20 is available online for just a tenner and shipping is free. That's considerably less than a lot of similar products so that's absolutely brilliant, particularly as they're pretty sizeable bars! But on to the really important thing: How did they taste?

 I received four of the five flavours, you can see what I got above, the only one I didn't get being a strawberry and chocolate bar. I'll get this out of that way first, I didn't really enjoy the blueberry one, but that's ok, I'm not a blueberry fan in general so I can't say I was surprised. Aside from that I was very happy with the others. The bars are dense and a little chewy, to me the consistency was reminiscent of a brownie topped with a thin chocolate-y layer. The flavour was very rich and probably the most convincing chocolate taste I've ever gotten from a dairy free product. The richness and denseness meant that the bars are very satisfying and make a fab cheeky mid-afternoon snack to beat any cravings.

I don't think these have completely replace Nakd Bars, but I'm definitely going to purchase a mixed case (Little Brother can have the blueberry ones) and have both to choose from. I really recommend giving these a try. Unfortunately you can't buy them individually, only in cases but they really are very yummy and great for anyone trying to wean themselves off unhealthy treats.

Let me know your healthy alternatives, would you be interested in trying these? 








10 comments

Thankyou for your comments! I love reading your thoughts :)

Instagram

© Folded Paper Foxes. Design by MangoBlogs.