Clean Eating | Nakd Bars

12


I've recently started to try and get serious with my bid to eat healthier... it's something that happens every few months when I pull on a pair of shorts and feel like they're slightly tighter that they used to be... It rarely goes very well but I think I've found something that's really going to help me stay on track and avoid unhealthy treats.

I knew Nakd bars existed but I wasn't really convinced by them. The ingredients are essentially dates and raisins, various nuts and natural flavourings like cinnamon and cocoa all blended together and then just pressed in to bars and left to set. Realistically I think you could probably make your own if you had a food processor. I don't so for now I'll stick to buying them.

They come in a wide variety of flavours. The two I'm showing are probably my two favourites, Banana Bread and Chocolate Orange. While the texture is very different to a standard chocolate or snack bar the taste of both is pretty much spot on. I love the Banana Bread ones as an on-the-go breakfast before work as the blend of dates, nuts, bananas and oats means it contains a whole lot of good, natural, slow releasing energy to keep you going through the morning. The Chocolate Orange ones are more of a guilt free treat maybe mid afternoon or as a dessert after dinner. It's hard to believe that the rich gooey treat isn't some sort of indulgent calorie and additive riddled delight. 


Of course these can't completely replace a big slab of carrot cake or a tub of Ben &Jerry's but they don't have to. I find that with these the aforementioned indulgences can be enjoyed once a month or so, and these can be eaten on a more regular basis, to keep me eating healthy without feeling like I'm missing out on what I enjoy. They're not dirt cheap but at £2.29 for a pack of four or around £0.75 for individual bars in most supermarkets they are affordable, particularly if you use the money that would normally get spent on chocolate and other treats.

Other flavours I've tried are Chocolate Mint, Cashew Cookie, Pecan Pie and Cocoa Delight. All were nice, there were none I really didn't like but the two featured here are definitely my favourites.

What do you do to keep yourself motivated to stay healthy? Share your own tips below!



12 comments

  1. I love the cocoa orange ones - always have a supply in the cupboard! You can get them cheaper in big boxes from a few health food websites online.
    The Life of Emily-Alice


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I didn't know, I'll definitely have a look thanks! x

      Delete
  2. These sound great, I'll have to look out for them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie! Feel free to visit and follow my blog http://tjfseries.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes I simply LIVE on nakd bars :) and that's not a complaint. My fave is probably the rhubarb and custard one...or the new banana crunch! YUM

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty much all I snack on at the moment! I feel so good! ;) I haven't tried either of those, must get on it :) x

      Delete
  5. I love nakd bars too - still haven't decided on a favourite flavour though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you'll just have to eat more until you figure it out then! (good excuse right?) x

      Delete
  6. I'm allergic to nuts so can't have these, shame as they sound delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a real shame :( I'm sure there's a way to make them without if you got creative! x

      Delete
  7. Hi, your blog is so cute! ^-^ I'm following you!

    http://www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments! I love reading your thoughts :)

Instagram

© Folded Paper Foxes. Design by MangoBlogs.