Weekly Inspiration || Be Silly, Be Honest, Be Kind.

12


I didn't end 2012 in a very happy place. Not at all. But I'm determined to leave that behind, and use 2013 to do a lot of the things I've wanted to do for a long time. I think a lot of people want to see new years and fresh starts as a chance to find themselves. But I think I'd rather think of it as a chance to create myself.

 Thing is, I don't think we are anything other than who we choose to be. I think sometimes it can be an excuse for someones bad qualities or undermining to someone's good qualities. People use "That's just who I am" to justify being rude or unkind. At the same time sometimes we don't appreciate when someone does something good for others. Just because that's who they are, of course they would do that.

I think it's so important to be conscious of our own behaviour so I want to give myself the next year to develop attributes I want and to improve myself. I want to improve my organisation, be more giving and more creative. I also want to be free in the way that I think and approach things. I want to be more appreciative of the little things and I want to make other people happier. I want to be silly, honest and kind.

I haven't really made any solid new years resolutions but I'm simply opening my mind to new things and hoping to discover and create and generally reach 2014 a little prouder to be me. I want to get into crafts, learn to cook properly for myself, find a form or exercise I enjoy and finally finish a draft of a novel! I don't care if noone reads it, I've wanted to write a book since I could first read and I just want to finish one!

I'm planning on having a weekly inspiration board such as the one above to help me get inspired. Feel free to use it to inspire you too! Or better yet create your own and link it below. I'd love to be see what inspires you. Every week I'll be talking about life and thoughts and just general things that wouldn't really fit in a normal post.

Thankyou for reading.







12 comments

  1. "People use "That's just who I am" to justify being rude or unkind." I absolutely agree and I hate that! I really enjoyed reading this little post, it was motivating :) x

    Francesca
    http://petitfaon.blogspot.it/
    Le Petit Faon Custom Blog designs: http://petitfaon.blogspot.it/p/custom-designs.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't make resolutions every time we begin a new year, I just think that if I wanna change something, I'll do it whenever I want to do it. But it's true at that time of the year you tend to look back on what you did/didn't do before and think a lot. And I think this is a good thing.
    These pictures are all very pretty, I like the bookmarks one, makes me wanan do some myself :)

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post. I agree with all that you say. I also am trying to be a little sillier! Laughing is the best thing you can do! But I'd rather laugh at silliness than sarcasm or jokes at others' expense. Enjoy 2013! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post! Very inspiring :)
    Take what good you can out of the past badness, and use it to make even better future moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a positive outlook is key! Wishing you the best!
    xx
    The Introverted Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that heart shape photo wall! It is such a cute idea - I want to try it :)
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, such a lovely post and very refreshing to hear that you'd simply like to "improve" rather than making the usual resolutions to diet or drink green smoothies(!?) Go for it, I'm sure you'll succeed in finding who you truly want to be lovely! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt like 2012 didn't go well either so I hope 2013 is full of amazing things xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVED this, "I don't think we are anything other than who we choose to be." So very very true. I hope you have a better 2013, explore new areas and be your lovely creative self. You can achieve anything you want, if you want it bad enough!

    Roselovelybones.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the pretty things you've put in your inspo board - I think I pinned the bookmarks myself at sometime - not for any reason other than it's pretty lol I wish I could have a journal look like that, but I'm not that artistic.I hope you are feeling more psoitive about 2013!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Jenni x

    bowsbanglesandbakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the idea of putting up a weekly inspirational board and thought I would give it a go for this week :) I have yet to blog about it but thanks for the idea again :)
    cresantiseema.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments! I love reading your thoughts :)

Instagram

© Folded Paper Foxes. Design by MangoBlogs.