MARCH | Goodbyes and New Beginnings

6


I can't believe it's March already! And yet so much has happened in the first two months of the year I'm almost surprised that we're only just at March. I started seeing a guy called Luke at the beginning of January and had my first Valentines for about three years (in which I got this adorable handmade door sign!(1)) and have generally had a wonderful few months with him. He flies to Canada tomorrow, and we knew that when we were setting out so though I'm going to miss him the goodbyes weren't too melodramatic. 

We also had pancake day (3) in which my own apron was entirely for aesthetic effect as my kitchen-savvy housemates were in charge of the batter and the flipping, while I was in charge of the application of delicious toppings and of course the very important eating process.

The lovely Coralie Bickford Smith (illustrator of Penguins clothbound classics and writer of the Fox and the Star) came to do a signing with designer Paul Barnes at my branch of Waterstones. They were both lovely and Coralie spent a lot of time talking to guests and signing books and I had a great time putting together the displays (4).

The last few days of February were intense! I had a job interview for a new, more senior role at a different Waterstones, and got the job!! So I'm really sad to be leaving my current friends at Waterstones, but excited to go on to new challenges, more hours (and better pay... ahem.) And I really shouldn't only work part time... I end up sitting around derping with Tom all day, which leads to pictures like (2). After my job interview I worked a NINE HOUR SHIFT HOLY HELL and then got home and into pyjamas just in time for Luke to come over and stay for a few nights before he leaves the country. We had a lot of fun, we went to London Zoo and made friends with some teeny tiny monkeys (5), got attacked by an escaping parrot, saw baby gorillas with their mama and generally had an awesome time.Then on the last night we had a house party and bought all of our various nerdy weird-ass friends together (6). It was a really good night and lovely to hang out with my work friends somewhere that doesn't involve a rota. 



So February has been jam-packed and lots of fun. March is going to involve considerably more hard work and challenges, but after two months of essentially bumming about it's something I've been craving. 

Let me know how your month has been and what you've got on the cards for March!

Isabelle
xox





6 comments

  1. Ooft, what an exciting few months for you!! Congratulations on the new job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just came across your blog through a comment you made on Sailboat blog and I was super excited to see you were an Isabelle. *high five* for an awesome name! I don't meet many other Isabel/les very often.
    Congratulations on the job. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww awesome!! Yes most of the Isabel/les I know are under ten! Nice to meet another person who was called Isabelle before it was cool ;) Thank you lovely! x

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the new job! Sounds like you've had a lovely start to the year <3

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments! I love reading your thoughts :)

Instagram

© Folded Paper Foxes. Design by MangoBlogs.