AW Beauty Bits

11


Hooray! Autumn is coming! 

Apologies to any non-brits out there, we must sound so whiney to you guys, always wanting whatever season is coming next, then getting annoyed a week or so in and wanting the next one! Regardless, Autumn is nearly upon us and I've been loving what I've seen so far of the fashion trends this season so of course a little bit of a makeup revamp is in order and, as I'm currently enjoying minimal makeup but want to update it for the autumn I thought I'd show a few bits that I see becoming staples in my arsenal for the next few months. 

Eyes: I'm currently forgoing any eyeshadow in favour of a crisp clean flick of liner and piling on the mascara for a more effortless look. My liner of choice is the Collection Extreme 24hr, a felt tip that is easy to apply and lasts forever despite only costing a few pounds! For lashes I want a lot of volume but nothing too 'done'. Too Faced's Size Queen is perfect paired with lash curlers and with the liner creates a great 'Bambi just rolled out of bed' look. I leave my brows alone, maybe running through them with a clear gel to set. 

Face: Again I want nothing too heavy. The dryer weather means my skin needs more TLC and hydration around this time of year so I've been really enjoying Garnier's BB Cream for everyday wear. It just gives enough coverage, is easy to apply with fingers and has all sorts of nourishing goodies for my skin. Plus it can of course be layered with concealer and powder if necessary. 
Blush-wise a simple sweep of dusky pink above the cheekbones does the trick. I went for Dame by MAC which is a lovely soft rose that adds colour without looking too sweet or girly. 

Lips: Don't be scared of vampy lips, lots of people can carry them off, it's just about finding what works for you. I like to dab Topshop's Wicked lipstick onto my lips, blot and dab on again so that it acts like a stain. The gorgeous berry colour looks amazing with minimal eyes and cheeks and if needed it can be applied thicker for evening. 

Nails: Last but certainly not least. I own quite a bit of nail polish, but as I've said I'm cutting down my makeup usage at the moment and so have limited myself to these two for the moment. Both by Essie, Not Just a Pretty Face is a perfect ballerina nude while Angora Cardi is a dusky, rosy mauve. I love Essie polishes and these too make the perfect choices for AW, the nude being great for paired down, pretty fingers and the mauve a more ladylike option while still complimenting the grungy trends around. 

Let me know your favourite A/W beauty products! I'm always on the hunt for new things to try :) 

11 comments

  1. I'm so excited for autumn too! I love the two nail polishes, really pretty colours :)xo

    http://901lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to add angora cardi to my nail polish collection!
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dame looks like such a lovely colour. I love Mac blushes.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blush looks so pretty! And so do the nail polishes.

    Sandra - The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious!

    Gemma
    fadedwindmills.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, i was eyeing up the Mac counter and picked up Dame - it is a lovely shade! x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments! I love reading your thoughts :)

Instagram

© Folded Paper Foxes. Design by MangoBlogs.